1. Your choice to ride Friday or Saturday. The cross country course will be judged according to the current USEA rules. Your 1st round will be your scoring round. An extra schooling round may be added. Coaching by your trainer/coach is permitted and encouraged during “extra round”. Assistance by Event Management is also available on request.
2. Any horse/rider and division combination accepted.
3. Jump placement and courses will be changed for each derby.
4. Safety vests, ASTM-certified headgear and numbers must be worn when mounted.
5. $40 per division. Extra round $15. The event’s closing date is the 7th day prior to the event. Post closing-date entries will be accepted (with an additional fee of $10).
6. Management reserves the right to stop and excuse an unsafe horse/rider combination.
7. Dogs must be leashed at all times, as Miss Helen will not.
8. A signed liability waiver must accompany each entry.
9. Current coggins & rabies certificates must accompany entry and will be kept on file for the year.
10. The Derby opens to walk and ride Friday 1pm and closes 7pm or dusk. Opens Saturday 9am closes Saturday 3pm. Scoring will be posted throughout the event. Results will be posted after last ride on Saturday and at www.horsepowerfarm.info. Ribbons 1st – 6th will be mailed. Closest to Optimum Time ribbon will be awarded at each Derby.
11. You must ride in two Derbies to qualify for Series and Special awards that will be presented at the last Derby of the year.